The Bridge Inn was a small, single storey, building in West Quay Road, on the north side and set back from the road on the comer of Dee Way. It was opened in 1871 by Panton brewers of Wareham Brewery as a beer house licensed to sell only beer, cider and wine. It was later owned by Marnhull Brewery in 1882 and passed to Eldridge Pope in 1913.
A very basic building, heated by a pot belly stove in the centre of its only bar, it closed and was demolished in 1969.
Extract from 'A Pint of Good Pale Ale, Poole's Inns, Taverns & Breweries', by Andrew Hawkes